Letter to Editor
Life Style Modification Research Center, Imam Reza Hospital, Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences, Kermanshah, Iran
Health Management and Economics Research Center, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
School of Health Management and Information Sciences, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Health organizations are one of the most important organizations of every country. The responsibility and duty of such organizations are to supply, maintain, and improve the individuals of society. The hospital as a health organization has long been one of the most important medical service providers.1 Increasing health system costs all over the world have become a main concern of health system managers and decision makers.2 The health system of Iran, like others, faces the challenge of major increases in costs. While the total index of expenses in Iran has become 30 times greater in the past 20 years, expenses in the health sector have increased to a figure 71 times higher... (Read more...)
- Salmanzadeh H. Hospital administration & efficiency at teaching hospitals affiliated with Iran University of Medical Sciences. Journal of Health Administration. 2001;4(8):1-11. [Persian].
- Walley T, Haycox A, Boland A. Pharmacoeconomics. Philadelphia: Elsevier Health Sciences; 2004:11-12.
- The main economic indicators. Central Bank of Islamic Republic of Iran website. http://www.cbi.ir/. Accessed May 5, 2012. Published 2012.
- Davari M, Walley T, Haycox A. The Iranian health insurance system; past experiences, present challenges and future strategies. Iran J Public Health. 2012;41(9):1-9.
- Castano R, Bitran RA, Giedion U. Monitoring and Evaluating Hospital Autonomization and Its Effects on Priority Health Services. Partners for Health Reformplus. Bethesda: Abt Associates Inc; 2004.
- Karami matin B. A Study of General Teaching Hospitals Efficiency at Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences. Journal of Health Administration. 2001;4(8):30-39. [Persian].