Letter to Editor
1 Life Style Modification Research Center, Imam Reza Hospital, Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences, Kermanshah, Iran
2 Health Management and Economics Research Center, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
3 Department of Health Services Management, School of Health Management and Information Sciences, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
By evidence, we mean systematic and extensive studies conducted to enhance knowledge and evidence-based policymaking (EBP), or evidence-based decision-making, an approach that helps individuals make decisions with more information and use the best evidence to establish, implement, and develop policies. Evidence-based policymaking is a complex of methods giving information to the process of policymaking rather than directly affecting the policies’ probable goals. It is based on the idea that, in decision making, the existing information evidence should be exploited; moreover, the information used should have logical analysis. Hospital centers are the pillars of the health system in each country, and reforming the health sector without addressing such community centers and improving their performance would not be possible ... (Read more...)
- Davies HTO, Nutley SM, Smith PC. What Works? Evidence Based Policy and Practice In Public Services. Bristol: The Policy Press; 2005.
- Pour Shirvani SN, Mouodi S. Evidenced-based in policymaking in health system and its achievements and challenges in Iran . Babol: Babol University of Medical Science; 2013:37. [Persian].
- Asefzadeh S. Management and Hospital Research. Qazvin: Qazvin University of Medical Science Publication; 2003. [Persian].
- Mosadegh Rad AM. Principles of health care services administration. 1st ed. Tehran; Tehran Dibagaran artistic and cultural institute; 2003:562-563. [Persian].
- Ministry of Health and Medical Education. Drug and treatment deputy Instructions about hospital committees. Tehran: MoHME; 1997:181. [Persian].